Friday, January 12, 2007

Embellisher Experiments





I managed to play a bit with the embellisher this afternoon and did a couple of small samples that I quite like. I had my first needle breakage - ugh! but it was actually quite easy to replace it, just fiddly.

The first piece is a gaudy foil printed poly organza which I meshed onto a crinkle rayon. The needles broke up the foil and softened it a lot. I like this piece. See the unneedled organza in the next photo - I can't imagine using this fabric in any other way than playing. I liked the back of the embellished piece too, though I didn't take a photo - it looked like a fuzzy denim.

The next piece is torn organza strips and metallic fibre laid on top of stretch synthetic velvet. The back is interesting and there is also some crinkling happening.

I also tried doing some pleating on organza and velvet, but the velvet wasn't a good choice of base fabric as it doesn't mesh to itself very well. The organza has possibilities - I will try this on a larger piece. It looked a bit like pintucking

No comments: