Monday, April 6, 2009

Almost freedom again

I am still waiting for my new lenses. They were ordered nearly a month ago. The left one arrived at the optician's within a week, but they didn't tell me. Not a real problem - I wouldn't have been able to use it anyway because that eye was still sore.

Today I decided to find out what is happening - I have an appointment with the optometrist on Thursday, I haven't worn lenses for a month and I thought I should make some attempt to get used to them again. It was then I found that they were still waiting for the lens for the right eye. They did a bit of a chase up for me and found that the manufacturers were having some difficulty. No-one seemed to know why and it's strange because it is a replacement - not a new prescription.

It was the left eye that caused all the initial problem, so I decided I would get the new lens and start accustoming my eyes to lenses again using that and the old lens for the right eye.

So far so good. I have had them in for two hours and they are feeling fine, but I plan to remove them if I feel any discomfort. After all the glasses swapping I don't want to go backwards.


This is what I have been shuffling: tinted distance glasses, distance glasses and reading glasses.
Great fun - NOT!

No comments: