Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Productive Day

Yesterday I tidied up the sewing room and put away lots of stuff. Today I have spent the day playing with my 4D software and sewing. Nothing very complicated. I made two foundation pieced Christmas postcards, using a design supplied by Pam at Bestway. I designed the label and stitched it out as the back. I will probably add some crystals to the fronts.



When I was tidying up I found some silk I had dyed. One piece is organza, the other is some kind of slub. The dye has taken up differently on each fabric. The organza is very strong colours, while the slub is more muted.

I have decided to make a scarf using both fabrics. The organza will be the body of the scarf. I have finished the hemming of that. The slub will be made into bagged rectangles to be the end pieces. They will be joined to the organza with Spanish Hemstitching (aka faggotting). I will post a picture when finished.

No comments: