Thursday, November 20, 2008

An unexpected gift


Isn't this lovely? It was a great idea to include some of the bits used to make it.

Linda sent it to me as thanks for driving her back from Bunbury after Fibres West. I really didn't expect anything because I was glad for the company - I would have had to drive alone otherwise.

It was wrapped in lovely handprinted paper and accompanied by a silk scarf blank. I now need to put some of the techniques I learned in Jane's class to work. Sneaky bit of motivation there. Thanks, Linda.

I again spent the afternoon gallery sitting. It is interesting to watch people's reactions. They vary from the quick scan of the entire galley in order to identify a couple of pieces for a brief examination to the absorbed study of almost every item on display.

Almost all the comments have been positive which is very pleasing. And the red dots are still coming.

No comments: