Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lots of fiddling

As I said in my last post I am teaching a workshop on image transfer to fabric on Tuesday, so I have been working hard on lots of samples for the more esoteric techniques.

Today I cut 15 (actually 30 because I didn't realise it was doubled over) bits of plastic and then glued 15 pieces of printed paper to 15 pieces of fabric on 15 of those plastic bits. Did I mention that there are 15 participants?

This is a glue transfer activity - glue transfers need to mature for at least 24 hours before rubbing off, so it cannot be done in a one day workshop. Actually I did a few extra because I want to be able to demonstrate the stages.

I have printed a pile of copyright free images (from a Dover book) onto transparencies and have done some samples. The rest are for the students to play with.

And I have been playing with using citrus solvents to transfer toner to fabric. I don't have a photocopier, but I do have a laser printer. The results are mixed. There will be a photocopier at the workshop so we will play with that then.

Tomorrow I plan to collect everything together. I also plan to finish stitching the sleeve and label on the My Place quilt and get it sent off.

No comments: