Monday, March 26, 2007

Quilt Progress

I didn't manage anything textile over the weekend so I didn't post.

Today I finished fusing the applique pieces to the quilt I am making for QuiltWest in May. It is sufficiently together now for a photograph to show the colours of the top. This is a requirement for entry.

The quilt itself is a long way from finished. First I have to machine embroider the appliques. I estimate about 10 or 12 hours for that. Then I have to sandwich and quilt (probably another 6 to 8 hours) and put on the binding and hanging pocket (maybe 3 hours). So if I did nothing else for a day I could get it finished . . . right? I think I will just take it slowly and try not to have a panicked effort the day it is due.

I am going to enter a couple of bags in the special section they have this year. They will have to be ones I have already made because a photograph of these is needed as well. Tomorrow I will take and print the photos and send off my entry.

No comments: