Sunday, March 18, 2007

Some progress

I have finished the black and white convergence style top that will be the base for my WAQA quilt. No photos as yet - I am not sure whether an entry is permitted to be published before exhibition, so I am playing safe.

Today I put the borders on, then used basting spray to attach some tearaway stabiliser to the back in preparation for the applique. I will complete the applique before I sandwich and quilt, because I expect the back to be rather messy.

I haven't reported on the walking for a while. Last week wasn't all that good - I didn't manage 10,000 steps on any day, though I did not have one day under 8000. Yesterday I did 10901 but today won't be so good. I wish the pedometer could measure effort as well as the steps. Today's walk was quite short, only about one and a half kilometres, but it was up and down hills and at a good pace, so I really felt I had worked at it.

No comments: