Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Started a quilt today

I stitched and cut and cut and stitched today and have now finished the central piece of the quilt I intend to enter in the QuiltWest exhibition in May. Pretty typical effort for me - entries close on the 31st of the month and they have to be accompanied by a photograph of the quilt. Not necessarily finished, but sufficiently constructed to give an overall impression and an indication of the colours used. Oh, and the size has to be supplied as well.

Tomorrow I intend to vliesofix a heap of fabrics to use in the applique before I decide on the border for the central piece. I am leaning towards black, but it might look better with colour.

I am feeling guilty about not writing in the blog, but we had visitors for a long barbecue lunch on Sunday and yesterday we went to Helen's to try and fix her computer. She gave us a yummy late afternoon snack of oysters: some Kilpatrick and the the others natural, but with a very delicate Thai-style sauce. Went very well with a bottle of bubbly. I have been keeping up the walking and now have a four-day run of steps over 10,000. Today might break the run though.

No comments: