Saturday, July 7, 2007

Still in Bali

Kevin has already written the family blog for today - but I am wanting to pass some time as well. The plane home was supposed to leave at 12.35, but is now leaving at 3.55. Thank goodness for Executive Class tickets! We are able to relax in comfortable lounge chairs, tea and coffee are on tap and internet access is free.

I am reading a rather dreadful book which I think I will review in a day or so. The author is Traci Harding who has apparently written a couple of bestselling fantasy trilogies. I wonder how her book editor can justify her salary ... the very first sentence set my teeth on edge. Can you imagine a female diarist in the mid 19th century using the expression " all steamed up"? Then a few pages later the same protagonist writes "Wow!" . . . !!!! The writing is so bad that I am now sucked in, wanting to discover what weirdness will next eventuate.

I have enjoyed our time in Bali except for the various frustrations which Kevin has detailed. I am looking forward to being back home though, even though that will not be for very long. I have started the list of Must Dos Before Next Sunday - and it's rather scary how long it is!

We have been given a voucher for lunch so I think we will go and take it up soon.

No comments: