Monday, July 9, 2007

The To Do list

I didn't actually do anything related to fibre today except sort out the pieces I intend to use for the Melville Community Textile Project, but I accomplished quite a few items from the "To Do" list, including a visit to the podiatrist.

I have been suffering from sore feet after walking for a half hour or so and thought I needed to have something done before the US trip. Apparently I need orthotics, but since there is no time to have them made he suggested some gel insoles. I tried for an hour or so, but they were irritating the inside of my insteps, so I am not using them at the moment. I WILL try them in my walking shoes though.

Tomorrow I am doing a workshop on the 4D embroidery software, so I spent a little time playing. I am glad I did since I discovered a couple of little tricks that might have caused me some problems if I had met them for the first time in a class situation.

On Wednesday I am meeting Helen and my sister Dorothy in Perth and we are going to look at the Treasures from Australian Libraries exhibition. This will be my only chance to see it since it opened the weekend we went to Bali and finishes at the end of the month while we are in the US. I was very sorry to miss it in Canberra last February and have been looking forward to it coming to Perth ever since. After we get back we will have to see the Egyptian Treasures from The Louvre exhibition. There is also a exhibition about migration at the Fremantle Maritime Museum which we will try to get to. I hope after we get back.

No comments: