Friday, May 9, 2008

Contemporary Quilt Group

I enjoy this group. It is an offshoot of the Western Australian Quilters' Association (WAQA) and meets on the second Friday of every month. This month we had to bring in our A3 size Challenge quilts for display at QuiltWest which starts on the 21st May.

We have been supposed to do one challenge a month - I haven't done any since June last year. So I dug out a piece of fabric that I had shibori folded and discharged with bleach. Some quilting with invisible thread and I had a piece for display. Needed a title. I thought it looked a bit like photos I have seen of neural synapses so it became "Connections?"



Afterwards I went to visit my friend Jean as I try to do every month. There is no doubt that her neural network is still very efficient at the age of 96.

No comments: