Friday, May 2, 2008

Excuses

We have been a bit busy since Tuesday. Son Martin was admitted to Fremantle Hospital as an emergency patient Tuesday morning, and we have been tied up with hospital visiting and trying to keep him there until they found out what was wrong. The treatment they gave him relieved his symptoms very quickly. He decided that meant he was AOK and has been champing at the bit to get out of hospital, but the doctors wanted to know what caused the original condition. They still don't know - all the tests have come back clear. So today he was discharged and I picked him up and took him back to his unit. He has been told that if the symptoms reoccur he is to run, not walk to the nearest emergency ward.

Yesterday I got the letter from Stitched and Bound - my piece was not selected. Disappointed - I would really like more feedback - but at least I don't have to make a new piece for the Melville Art Awards. Here is a detail:



Today I went to Dale's and spent my $100 gift voucher - plus! I plan to play tomorrow with one of the Ezi-Carve blocks I bought. I think I will save the other for Jane Dunnewold's workshop at Bunbury in October.

No comments: