Thursday, April 30, 2009

Price Gouging and the Dreaded Lurgy

I woke up on Tuesday with the symptoms of a cold: head stuffed with cotton wool and streaming nose. I was supposed to do a computer software workshop so I did. This was probably very silly - I didn't get all I should have from the lesson, and I probably gave the cold to others (though I did try to keep myself separate).

When I got home I went to bed in the spare room and slept for 5 hours. I attempted to eat, but had no appetite, so went back to bed and slept right through. Yesterday was more of the same, except I developed a dry cough which woke me during the night.

I am feeling a bit better today, so I went to the chemist to get some cough mixture. The brand I bought last time I needed it was now $25 for a 250ml bottle! I bought a cheaper brand, but I can't help wondering exactly when the price went up. I hope not since the advent of swine flu and the subsequent panic from poorly informed people.

No comments: