Sunday, January 17, 2010

ATC Swap

I thought I would join in the Aus-NZ Art Quilters ATC theme swaps this year, as they are small commitments (4-6 cards) due every second month.

I fiddled furiously today and I have completed my first set. The theme is water.

For the base I used painted felt (which I already had) and scattered over bits of angelina and some metallic threads. Then I covered it with a nylon organza and quilted it in a sort of wave design. Suitably watery, I thought.

I was in two minds about embellishing. I tried a freemotion bubble thing and decided against it, though I will keep them as extras. I had more painted felt, so I repeated the base process then stitched some leaf shapes.


" Leaves fall into water " is the title of the series. I will take them to Show and Tell tomorrow at Elizabeth's if I go, which I probably will since I am feeling well, but tired, then send them off to Diana in New Zealand for swapping. I will actually be well ahead of the deadline (January 31st) for once.



I have also been playing with "skins" (acrylic paint on freezer paper which you lift off and reattach to a base. These ones are made with Plaid dimensional paint which I have had for yonks).

Not sure what will happen to these, but I quite like the look of them on painted felt.

No comments: