Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I am reading

lots of books and gaining immense enjoyment from them.

On Sunday I finished Geraldine Brooks' "People of the Book" which I really liked. Juliet has now given me her first book, "Year of Wonders", but I am putting it to one side for the moment. Last night I finished "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. (You were quite right, Jennifer, I loved it). I enjoyed it so much that I think I will read it again almost immediately - I know I was so involved in the story that I probably missed a lot. I think Kevin may enjoy it too.

Tonight I am going back to Ian Rankin's Rebus. I read a heap of them all in a rush and suddenly had enough. But I have two that Sheila loaned me months ago so I will attempt them before the next gathering of our sewing group in mid February so I can return them to her.

And I went to Husqvarna Club today. I hope to keep up with as many groups as I can - I will just stay firm on not taking on too much within them.

No comments: