Saturday, May 22, 2010

Melville Art Awards

I have been entering this since 2003 or 2004. I live in hope that one day I will either win a prize or have my piece purchased by the City of Melville. I don't think either is very likely!

I woke up in the middle of the night and decided that my piece needed to be restitched. There are some silk organza inserts and they were puffy, rather than smooth and flat. So I pulled the piece off the canvas and unpicked and repositioned the inserts, this time with a dose of spray starch and lots more pins. Success. Then I stretched it over the canvas again and Kevin stapled it for me. He also did the hanging wire.

I started the refurbishment at 8.30 and the piece was finished by 11.15 am. Off to the Council Chambers to deliver it before noon. I arrived in plenty of time and met Juliet and her husband Chris who were delivering her piece. As we left there were probably eight or ten people bringing their pieces. I think there are more than me who only just meet deadlines!

No comments: