Monday, December 8, 2008

Decorating paper

A while ago I bought 100 sheets of rough handmade (probably in Indonesia) paper for the princely sum of $2. I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but it WAS a bargain.

Last week I tried to use it to make paper casts, but it is too thin and just fell to pieces.

Yesterday and today I have been using some of the stencils I have made since FibresWest and now have 4 sheets of paper ready for wrapping gift swaps.


And that's not all I have been doing. I made the wings for the two wild angels I am making, plus stitched two 3D lace angels and three snowflakes on water soluble (and THAT took a lo-o-o-ng time).
(I know - they don't look much like angels at the moment - more like bumblebees!)

I have also used up the rest of the packet of Model Magic that I opened back in September to make some Feral Female faces. You are not supposed to try and save this material, but I had sealed and wrapped it carefully and it was still OK.

I made a few more faces (these are some painted with Twinkling H2Os) and a whole lot of casts from various moulds that I have. Not sure what I'll do with them as yet.

No comments: