Tuesday, February 6, 2007

10,000 Steps

I have resumed the 10,000 steps program. The idea is that you do at least that number of steps per day to maintain a basic fitness level. The steps are measured with a pedometer. At the end of last year I was attaching it religiously to my belt every morning and achieving the goal most days. Then it was Christmas and New Year, and the daily walks became walks every third or fourth day. The week before last we started walking every day again, but the pedometer languished on the bedroom chest of drawers until yesterday.

It is very hard to do that number of steps when you spend hours at the computer, sewing machine or embellisher! Yesterday I only managed 8865 steps. Today I have done 10,168 so far and will probably clock up a few more before bedtime.

A few of the steps involved walking out to the back garden to examine my "alien flowers". The centre of the flower has opened out a bit more and there are more bluey-purple bits in the middle.


No comments: