Sunday, February 4, 2007

Slightly Productive Sunday

Yesterday I finished my contribution to the family blog, was happily writing away on this one, went to publish it and . . . the connection had disappeared and remained down all evening. So that's my excuse for no entry yesterday.

We are reconnected today and I spent hours surfing, looking for information and air fares related to a trip to the States in July for a nephew's wedding. It seems almost too easy to make all the travel arrangements on-line. But since we haven't actually decided on an itinerary it was just information gathering.

This afternoon I played a bit more with ATCs. I now have a pile of a dozen or so. There is a swap being organised to raise money for cancer research and I'd like to be in that one, but the rules say they must be in a series of 6. I am finding it very difficult. I have made series in the past, but never any more than 4 of a kind. I usually make an embellished base fabric, then use a view finder to pick out interesting bits. I thought I had a big enough base piece, but try as I might, I couldn't get more than 5 pieces from it. I will obviously have to make something quite a bit larger for this.

I remembered that I had taken a photo of the flower form of the seed pod pictured the other day, so I did some searching in the files and eventually found it. Isn't it a lovely bunch of tassels?


No comments: