Monday, February 26, 2007

I don't do mending . . .

unless it is absolutely forced upon me and today was the day. Daughter Helen gave me a pair of jeans to mend some weeks ago and questioned me regarding their status when she came down yesterday. Naturally they had not been touched so today I sat at the machine and did them, plus some silk trousers of mine that needed a bit of stitching to extend their life a little. Didn't take much time or effort - why do I put things off so much? Procrastination would have to be my major fault.

Helen's visit yesterday was so that we could take photos of her making fruit salad to use in a class activity. It is very handy for her that her folks have all the digital gear, though she uses her digital camera heaps in her classroom.

We have managed a morning walk every day for the last ten days and I can feel that it is making a difference. Some of the walks that were quite strenuous are getting less so, so I think my fitness is improving. Still plenty of room for improvement though. Saturday's step tally was 11107, yesterday's only 8962. Don't think today's will be very good either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm the same Joan, mending piles up then is done in an hour when I get round to it.

Can't you average out the steps over a few days or a week?

Sheila