Monday, February 12, 2007

All shopped out -Searching for a Wedding Outfit

Sister in law Shirley is visiting from Esperance. The main purpose of her trip is to buy an outfit for her son's wedding in the US in July. Apparently all the members of the bridal party (male and female) are to be dressed in ivory and so her colour decisions were made for her.

We visited: 6 boutiques in Applecross (Riseley Street), 2 boutiques and a recycling shop in Applecross Village (Ardross Street) and 2 boutiques in South Perth (Mends Street). At one of the South Perth outlets she found a skirt that she liked and bought it. No suitable top though.

I asked if she had a dressmaker in Esperance - YES! So off we went to Fabulous Fabrics in Balcatta. We found a satin crepe that toned with the skirt for a camisole and some beautiful beaded silk organza for a long coat. Success at last.

I am so tired. I'm not sure whether it was all the driving or all the standing around or both. I did buy something for myself - a beaded bracelet. Cost me $10. Shirley spent a lot more than that.

No comments: