Sunday, February 11, 2007

Busy Day/Lazy Day

Yesterday was the first meeting for the year of Designing Women, a textile art group I have belonged to since its second meeting back in 2001. That meeting was held at a private house in a studio, but the group got too big for that to be feasible and we moved to hired rooms. Barbara, whose house it was, has not been a member of the group for a couple of years due to ill health, so it was lovely to have her return yesterday and resume her membership.

We had a very productive meeting, with an introduction to the Melville Textile Art project which is being co-ordinated by two of our members, and got most of the year's program organised. There will not be an exhibition this year, but we will take part in Artopia in October this year and book a venue for 2008.

In the afternoon there was a consultation workshop for the textile project. Unfortunately I couldn't attend. My sister and brother in law were celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and as a member of the original bridal party I was obliged to attend. It was a very nice party, and that is my excuse for no blog entry yesterday.

When we got home I went straight to bed and have been rather slow all day. Not hungover, just slothful.

Below is a picture of the wedding. I am NOT going to post one of the same group 40 years later! Too demoralising.

No comments: