Monday, January 21, 2008

Textile Day

Every year in January Elizabeth Morley opens her house to West Australians interested in textiles. You bring a plate, some Show and Tell and network with like minded people. It is a most enjoyable afternoon.

This year I took along my sister. Dorothy has never been able to go before - as a school principal she needed to be on deck a full two weeks before school started. Now she is retired she is able to attend such gatherings. She enjoyed herself and found that she knew more people that she had expected.

The Show and Tell was as interesting as ever. I took along some of my experiments with the embellisher. So did another lady, but she had bound hers into a little book. I love that idea and I think I will copy it.
I did not take this piece because I really don't know what I am going to do with it. I layered some scrim that I had dyed with one of Dale's embellishment felts and then scribbled all over it with the embellisher. It is obviously unfinished, but I am not sure what I can do with it to keep the scribble while adding more complexity.

No comments: