Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Image Transfer

I did my second workshop on this topic for the Home Economics Institute today.

The first part of the day was on using low tech methods: packing tape, book cover plastic, glue and citrus solvent and it went well. We made a lot of mess rubbing off paper - I had made up a number of glued pieces yesterday because they need to mature to work properly.

I had also prepared some inkjet transparencies and we tried transferring the images using gel medium. Then we tried water alone. I had never done this myself, but mentioned it to the group as a hearsay possibility. Bingo! It works really well and I intend to follow up.

The second part of the workshop was about printing on fabric using a computer and inkjet printer. I demonstrated DIY fabric sheets using BubbleJetSet, then we began printing their own images on commercial sheets. I had taken my two laptops, each connected to a printer. The MacBook was brilliant, the PC decided to chuck a hissy fit. It worked OK yesterday - today it decided it didn't have enough memory to run PhotoShop or to complete any printing. EEEK!
We did manage to print an image for everyone though.

Kevin is now playing with a repair program. I hope it works.

No comments: