Monday, August 24, 2009

Progress Report - Maggie Grey piece

Some of the paper and both felt bits have been painted with a dark green acrylic (black + green oxide - Jo Sonya) and Lumiere Olive Green. Copper metallic paint will be the next addition, so it matches the pieces made earlier.

I have stitched four "fumfy bits" with metallic thread on water soluble. I seem to have run out of Romeo (though I am sure I still have some, somewhere) so I used a double layer of Vilene 541 for three of them. I have only dissolved two as yet.

I found a piece of copper shim that had been embossed with circles. This had been through a paper crimper that Carole Redlich had at a workshop probably 5 years ago now. I have daubed a bit of Starburst Stain on top to link it with the one I did at Maggie's workshop.

Almost ready to assemble the bits. Too late to take photos, though. Sorry.

No comments: