Monday, February 4, 2008

TWO WiPs finished!

I finished my January Journal quilt for the Aus-NZ Art Quilters list today. It's only three days late which is somewhat of a record for me. The theme for the month was "Seasons".

The fabric is a lightweight polyester which was a leftover from a paint/dye workshop and reminded me of a weather map. I free motion quilted it using a narrow satin stitch and called it "Summer Forecast: Continuing HOT" because that seems to be the only weather we have had for January. Today was again in the high 30s, plus it was humid as well. VERY unpleasant!

The second is a cover for an A4 size Visual Diary. I wrote about this piece of fabric here. Today I attacked it with a heat gun so it has some crustiness to the surface again. I am quite pleased with it. Maybe the book will encourage me to get serious about a visual diary.


All this is by way of procrastination. I really need to get going on my fan for the "Fanning Creativity" exhibition, but I have come to a grinding halt.

No comments: