Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Big Night

It's all over! The textile project has officially been unveiled. It was quite a show - probably 150 people present and lots of speeches heaping accolades on Juliet and Iris, which they had definitely earned.

Good wine and nibbles too. I was rather embarrassed at having a fuss made about my contribution. Juliet and Iris gave me a bunch of flowers and a voucher for the Thread Studio. Wow! I never expected any more than a mention in amongst the many who contributed.

The panels looked fantastic. When we arrived (rather early) they were flat against the wall and I wish we had taken a photo then. There were so many people milling around that it was hard to get a good shot.

This is the best of a rather poor lot. Kevin's will be better, I hope.

No comments: