Friday, March 7, 2008

Progress

on the panels for the Melville project. I needed to hand sew a backing patch to three of the pieces on the blue panel to stop the Wagyl print showing through. I finished that, then pinned the fabric I cut out yesterday to the two panels. Juliet is going to bring some of the invisible thread the project has been using to the DW Group meeting tomorrow.

I finished just in time to shower ready for the annual gathering of female teachers and ex-teachers from John Curtin College of the Arts (formerly John Curtin Senior High School) for International Women's Day. It was as enjoyable as ever to catch up with ex-colleagues. It is noticeable that more and more of them are joining the ranks of us retirees - I hope that Maria will keep it going even when she retires - or find someone else to carry on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.