Friday, May 15, 2009

Opening

Tonight was the opening of ShowOff 5 in which I have 3 pieces. I went with my sister Dorothy. Kevin stayed home with her husband Mike.

The exhibition is at the refurbished Memorial Hall in Hamilton Hill. The works are in two sections: the old building and the purpose built gallery. Both sections were roped off, so you couldn't do the usual look before the official opening. The foyer area was therefore very crowded, but the caterers did a great job in keeping the food and drink flowing. The finger food was the best and most varied I have ever seen. Well done, City of Cockburn.

After the official opening speech we got to look at the exhibits. I think the overall standard is better this year. Not a lot of textiles, but more than there was last year.

No comments: