Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Revisiting the Classics


I borrowed this book from the library, but before I read it I felt I needed to reread Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

My copy of P and P was given to me for my 13th birthday. I remember I liked it at the time - in fact there is a double tick by the title. This was a stupid habit I had then. Similar to the cryptic marks in library books that some borrowers use so they don't keep borrowing the same books!

I don't think I had reread it since I was in my early 20s and had to study Jane Austen in a University unit on THE NOVEL, though I know I have seen several film and television versions.

I am glad I did read it again. I had forgotten just how much the Regency romance genre owes to Jane.

Colleen's version? Pure melodrama, but most enjoyable. She does write well.

No comments: