Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What I have been reading

ALL the Phryne Fisher mysteries by Kerry Greenwood - the whole 18 of them. I have read them all before, some of them more than once, but still found them most enjoyable.

I also read Fantasy in Death by JD Robb (Nora Roberts). Enjoyable, but not as good as the previous one in the series: Kindred in Death. I have lost track of how many novels are in this series - more than 25 I think. And yes, I have them all. Not quite ready to start a reread of them as yet.

While I was having chemo today I finished The City and The City by China Mieville, which I saw recommended on some blog - where I can't remember. It is a murder mystery/fantasy set in a place somewhere in Eastern Europe where two cities coexist in the same space and time. I found it fascinating and a good read. Another author to be added to my library list - I did borrow this one instead of buying.

Still trying to read from my own bookshelves, I found 206 Bones by Kathy Reichs. I have no idea why I haven't already read this one. I will start it tomorrow and sandwich reading with working on my Textile Tantrums (Dale has extended the deadline) and my entry for Stitched and Bound which needs to be finished soon if I am to have it professionally photographed.

No comments: