Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Boring bits today . . .

but necessary tasks. Iris and I spent a couple of hours going through the proposed changes to the law governing incorporated associations in Western Australia. The group we belong to is incorporated so we needed to become familiar with what is proposed so that we can prepare for changes that we may have to make in our constitution. We think that the only change that will affect us is the necessity to appoint a public officer to be the contact person person between Consumer Affairs and the group. Apparently WA is the only State or Territory in Australia not to have this requirement. We will report to the group at the next meeting. The Bill will not be introduced in Parliament until late this year so it will be 2008 or later before we have to look at our constitution again. Iris and I did a revision in 2005, so I can't say either of us is looking forward to tackling it again.

Then I collected the last bits of paper for my appointment with the tax accountant tomorrow, read my mail and sent off a swag of emails.

We did quite a long walk this morning so, even though I spent a lot of time sitting, I have racked up 9939 steps as of this minute. Should easily crack the 10000 today.

No comments: