Friday, March 30, 2007

Walking Update

I haven't reported on my efforts for some time.

A week ago today I achieved my best ever result : 12148 steps. Since then I have not exceeded 9000 steps on any one day, though no day has been under 7000. Most have been 8000 plus.

I will beat 10000 today. At the moment the pedometer reads 9939.

The staff at the ABC here in Perth have undertaken a walking challenge for a few weeks until some time in April. I gather, when I listen to the radio, that the stars of the challenge are one of the reporters and the breakfast announcer Eoin Cameron. They are tallying total steps, not daily totals. Maybe I need to do some addition. It could look good?

You can check out the ABC challenge here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm currently struggling to get 1,000 steps per day - by the end of next year, I reckon I'll be aiming for 10,000!

So CONGRATULATIONS!! that's a huge effort, well done!