Thursday, March 29, 2007

Excuses, excuses

It is all to easy to find reasons not to do things, fibre related or not.

A fortnight ago Kevin and I decided to take up an offer of a month's membership of an upmarket health club just down the hill. We paid up, then did nothing about using the facilities. I had thought I would try the water aerobics classes on Tuesday and Thursday, but I had a meeting last Tuesday, and was given free tickets to the movies on Thursday. There was no reason why I couldn't have just gone down there, had a swim, sauna etc, but I didn't.

As I have recounted in previous posts, I decided to enter a quilt in this year's QuiltWest exhibition. I put its construction off time and again.

I am teaching some workshops later this year and I need to make new class samples. I have either sold previous ones or they have been well used and look decidedly tatty.

So, I am making a belated New Year's resolution. Why not? It's only a quarter of the way through the year. I am going to whip procrastination! There, I have made a public declaration.

And I have made a start. I have done 2 water aerobics classes this week. I have sent off my entries to QuiltWest and my quilt is ready to freemotion stitch. And today I made a start on my class samples.

No comments: