Monday, March 12, 2007

An impending task

I had planned to finish the ATCs I am contributing to a cancer fundraiser today. I have to send them off before the middle of the week. However, one thing led to another and I spent almost the entire day on the computer. I scanned some images from a book I borrowed from the DW Group library to add to my inspirations file, caught up with almost all my email lists, investigated some very interesting textile sites, paid some bills and that was it. Oh, and downloaded a 51 page pdf document with the present WA legislation on Incorporated Associations.

The WA government is intending to change the law to bring it more in line with similar legislation in other States of Australia and is inviting comment from incorporated associations. Designing Women (DW Group) is one of these and I think we should at least look at the proposed changes. Also, as far as I know, we don't have a copy of the present Act. I know I have never read it through completely, despite having worked on a constitutional amendment last year. So we really need to look at how we are doing under the present law and how this may change.

There is a sub-committee of two appointed to the task. Iris was volunteered. She is an organised and meticulous person and we work well together. I just need to print the material and get it to her, then we can meet sometime later and decide what we need to do.

No comments: