Thursday, April 17, 2008

Taking Stock

I decided today that I needed to do a bit of tidying up in the sewing room. There were so many Spotlight and Textile Traders bags hiding under the table and propped against the cupboards that I was no longer sure just what I had bought for what project.

I now know that I need to buckle down or I will leave a dump bin full of stuff when I die. I probably will anyway - but I really should try to complete some of the intended projects.

Winter is coming on and I need some new clothes. While I haven't lost many kilos I have lost quite a few centimetres and have definitely changed shape. All my trousers have drooping crutches (not my favourite look) and loose waistbands. I have quite a few lengths of suitable fabric. Just need to modify a pattern and I could churn them out . . .

Then I found the polyester satin and taffeta I bought for transfer printing . . . and the printed silk chiffon for nuno felting . . . and the silk look fabrics to embellish with various techniques and make into wraps . . . and the 100% cotton for dyeing . . .

I really think I will have to allocate days to particular projects and not waft from one to another. BUT . . . since winter is coming on I should be knitting. I certainly have enough yarn . . .

1 comment:

Aussie Jo said...

Ha, you sound just like me, I'm glad I'm not the only one to teeter from project to project as the whim and creative juices take me.