Friday, September 7, 2007

Evolon

It has poured rain today - absolutely lovely except when you are driving on the freeway and the rain is so heavy the wipers can't keep up on their fastest speed and so you drop your speed back to 80k or less and these huge trucks roar past you, the spray from their wheels adding to your vision difficulties . . .

Was I hassled? YES!! Fortunately there have been clear spells and one of them was when I was driving home. The skies opened again as I left the freeway, but I can cope with that at lower speeds and lighter traffic.

I went to see my friend Jean and to visit Dale to pick up some items I had asked her to hold for me. As usual I found something else to buy and came home with some evolon. I have seen mention of it on various sites and when I saw it I had to have some. I have been googling it tonight with little success, but I will try again in a day or so. Dale hasn't yet done much with it herself, but from what I gather from her and the bits I have read, it is similar to Lutradur in its fibre composition, which means it can be painted, will react to heat and is suitable for use with transfer dyes. However it is not a mesh type fabric like Lutradur. It actually looks like a thick interfacing, so I must be careful to label it.

Dale has an interesting system of waste disposal/recycling. Anything she doesn't want is left on the front verandah and visitors are welcome to help themselves. I removed today's pile which was mostly card blanks in red and green. I think there is a challenge happening for the Designing Women group!

No comments: