Monday, September 10, 2007

Finished the second one!

Well, except for sewing down the bottom of the sleeve and attaching a label. But finished enough for photos.

Tonight I will complete the entry forms so I can send them off tomorrow. They should arrive in plenty of time. I will rope in Kevin for the photos because he has a digital SLR and can do lots of tricks with exposures, though I will take some myself with my little point and shoot.

Getting to the end has been a little fraught - neither machine liked freemotion with the threads I wanted to use for the quilting. I had almost decided that I might have to quilt it by hand (gasp!), when the SE decided to co-operate if I used a normal straight stitch, and so that is what I have done. There is not a lot of quilting compared to the stitching on the top.

So off to aquarobics tomorrow with a clear conscience. Photo session will follow, then I can direct my attention to some more mundane tasks like paying bills.

No comments: