Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Finished

the quilt for Australia Wide today (except for stitching down the hanging sleeve). I will do that if and when the quilt is accepted. I am pleased with the quilt, but I am not sure if the selectors will like it as much as I do..

The second quilt has been started - in this case it involves deconstructing a piece I made for the Melville Art Awards two years ago. The quilt measures 45 cm by 45 cm and when I put bits of paper around it to reduce it to 40 cm I thought it would be OK, even improved by a reduction in size. When I first made it I bagged it, then quilted it, so today I have been removing the quilting so I can rebag it. I thought about just cutting it to size, but I like the edge effect of the bagging.

The surface of the quilt is organza which was heat distressed after quilting. Some of it is falling away, so I may well put another layer on top and distress that. I hope to finish the unpicking tomorrow.

No comments: