Monday, September 24, 2007

The power of advertising

I sold my D1 at last! A lady came to look at it a couple of months ago, loved it but decided that money was too tight. I stopped advertising while we went to the States, then recently put a couple of ads into Quokka where my machine was competing with another D1 whose owner was asking nearly double the amount I was. Original interested buyer was now able to stretch the finances, had been to see the competition, was not impressed and thought about mine. But I didn't advertise this week (forgot about it actually) so she rang to see if it was still available.

We are both happy. She has a very good machine and I no longer feel guilty that I wasn't using it since I bought the SE from my cousin. I must confess that the money will come in handy too since I looked at the credit card balance today.

No comments: