Sunday, September 9, 2007

Lots done

The metallic thread behaved itself for once and I stitched out the text I digitised yesterday. I hooped the organza with Hoop Ease, but found I needed more stabiliser. I used a single layer of Vilene 541 and it was just enough. And so easy to remove: the floaty bits look great.

In between hoopings I managed to check out a book of copyright free images for ones that I can use this coming weekend, plus collect together beads and embroidery thread, iron on some interfacing and cut up a piece of constructed fabric for the inchies swap. I also washed some scrim type fabric to use for the dyeing activity on Sunday.

While the embroidered organza was drying (the text is dense and took quite a long time) I printed out the images I had selected, found some others I had saved from the Dover site and printed them out,

did some tidying of my computer files, and had a little play with the 4D software, trying to work out some ideas for this month's challenge.

We didn't go for a walk this morning, but I put on the pedometer for the first time since we got back from the US. 5030 steps. Guess moving from one activity to another, especially when they are in different rooms, can help the step count. I plan to walk tomorrow.

No comments: