Sunday, April 25, 2010

Craft Fair

My sister Dorothy and I went to a Craft, Antiques and Collectables Fair this afternoon. It didn't open till noon (Anzac Day today means the morning is devoted to services and marches) and was jampacked by the time we left at 2.45.

I had wanted to go so we could listen to a talk on recycling and refashioning clothing by Jody Pearl, and we did. It was worth the admission fee in itself. Only problem is now I have yet more projects to add to my TO DO list.

We wandered around the Craft part and I bought some pickles (an African Mango Pickle) from Armanda whose Eggplant Kasaundi is absolutely fabulous. I usually buy that, but I had a full jar at home. I also bought a pack of vegetarian dahl and some passionfruit butter. I could actually taste what I was sampling which was great.

By the time we got to the Antiques section I had run out of puff, so I sat on a chair while Dorothy did a quick round. She resisted the temptation to buy anything.

No comments: