Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I am reading

a couple of books on digital printing for fabric. There is not a lot of information in either that is not available elsewhere (I think Gloria Hansen's Digital Essentials is the benchmark) but I am enjoying the eye candy and it is interesting to see how the the same basic techniques can result in such different textile pieces.




I have not been reading as much in the last week or two because I have been working on the Stitched and Bound quilt, but I have finished the two latest episodes in Laurell K Hamilton's Merry Gentry series - Swallowing Darkness and Divine Misdemeanours. She is the author of the Anita Blake Vampire Killer series which I have never been able to get into, but I like this series about the fey living in a contemporary USA. I also read LE Modesitt's The Lord Protector's Daughter and a Diana Gabalden - Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade. Believe it or not, I have never read any of her books about Jamie Fraser - my sister is a great fan and recommends them, so they go on my list. At the moment I have two books on the go - A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian and Naomi Novik's Empire of Ivory. And I am knitting.

No comments: