Monday, April 26, 2010

Fiddling with framing

I finally finished framing the last piece for the ShowOff 6 exhibition which opens on Friday night. They have to be delivered tomorrow.

I needed spacers to hold the glass clear of the embroidery. I had tried strips of foam core, but they were not wide enough, and by the time I realised this it was too late to buy more (Anzac Day long weekend).

So it was off to Bunnings this morning to buy a strip of wood. OK - right size and Kevin cut it into the right lengths for me BUT it needed painting. I should have taken up Kevin's offer of spray paint. Instead I used acrylic paints.

The first 3 coats sank straight into the wood. Instead of being white it was a pale cream. After another 2 coats I decided enough was enough and assembled the whole thing. It was only then that I discovered the bottom of the frame was warped.

Too late to use anything else. It is sitting with a heavy weight on it which probably won't help. I think I will just have to offer a professional framing option if anyone buys the piece.

No comments: