Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Feather Finished

I finished my thread sketched peacock feather today. I fused the painted fabric to a lightweight polyester wadding and backed it with very lightweight poplin before I started free motion stitching.


When I had finished I made an "escape hatch" binding: another layer of fabric with a strip of vliesofix and a hole slashed in it. Stitch the quilt and backing around the edges, trim the corners, turn through. Iron carefully, pulling the slit edges together. If you're really fussy, cover the slit with your label.

I am really pleased with my piece. It is intended for the Contemporary Quilt Group display at QuiltWest in May.

2 comments:

Doreen K. said...

Wow, you did a beautiful job. It is so stunning.

Jagusia said...

Beautiful peacock feather !
I'm impressed

jagusia