Sunday, August 5, 2007

Claremont Craft Fair

Dorothy and I headed off to the Craft Fair this morning. I had a wonderful time - not just looking at the stalls, but meeting heaps of people I know. I think Dorothy got a bit bored with meeting new people and hanging around while I talked, but she said it gave her plenty of time to look at stuff.

I caught up with Dijanne Cevaal for a short natter, and intended to go back, but we had to leave a bit earlier than anticipated. I loved the quilts in the Across Australia exhibition and would have liked to take some photos.

Once again I went without my camera. After three weeks of carting it around I decided this morning that it made my bag too heavy - silly girl! I did use the camera on the mobile to take a few shots of the Art to Wear. It was really great to see the work from school students - the stuff they are doing is advancing in leaps and bounds. I wanted to spend a lot more time there than I could manage. Because of our time pressures we did not go to any of the workshops, which was a pity. And I did not buy much - just some silk threads from Dale and some great wooden beads.

I intend to write a bit more about the US trip, but not tonight. I think this will be another early night.

No comments: