Sunday, August 26, 2007

Good news

I sold the piece I put in the Melville Art Awards!

I went to the Council Chambers today to look at the exhibition and was told when I got there that my piece had sold. The exhibition was very interesting - I think the standard of entries has improved in every category except painting. I think I need to go back with my camera and take some photos of pieces that grabbed me.

I wasn't much impressed by the piece that won the textiles prize. I don't think that metallic wire can be defined as a textile, even if textile techniques like plaiting and weaving are used.

I went to the Embroiderers' Guild book sale today and bought 3 books for Designing Women. I also succumbed and bought a book for myself - a facsimile copy of a 1920's book on ribbonwork dimensional flowers. Cost me $1. Also bought 2 metres of black rayon for discharge experiments.

And my quilt? I have cut out the background fabric and the wadding. I have found another fabric to use for the backing - I am hoping for some visual transfer of colour/shading. Tomorrow is sample day.

No comments: