Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Finishing things. . .

I have decided to enter the Australia Wide quilt exhibition which closes in 3 weeks so thought I needed to finish a few things from my UFO pile. I also wanted to have some Show and Tell for tomorrow's meeting of the sewing club.

The first thing I finished was the stitchout of the design we developed last Friday at the computer workshop. I am quite pleased with the result - now I have to find someone who likes purple so I can give them an embroidered teatowel.



Then I attached the fabric butterflies to the embellished background and the organza ones to the painted felt. I quite like both of these, but the photos are dreadful!! I am not sure what I will do with these - possibly frame them.



Then I finished off a piece that has been at least at least 2 and a half years in the making. I had made a flower on copper shim in a workshop with Carol Redlich back in April 2005 (actually on the day we started moving into this house). Last month's Machine Embroidery was on using metals in embroidery so I cut out the flower and applied it to a painted and crumpled tissue paper background along with some purple and copper yarns and another flower piece. Today I enamelled the centre of the second flower and used the piece to cover a notebook.


This is the front - the back is below.

No comments: