Saturday, August 25, 2007

Little Progress

I went up into the hills with Kevin today to pick up a computer from a guy who has donated several before. It is a "lampshade" iMac and he gave it to Kevin for $50 provided Kevin also took away a laser printer! We haven't decided what to do with the computer yet, but there are always plenty of deserving people, not necessarily in third world countries.

Because of our excursion I have not done much on the quilt. However, I found the fabric I want to use for the background and there is enough to use it for the backing and binding as well. I also found the wadding. I am planning on twin needling the background fabric and the wadding together, then applying the embroidered photos and tying it all to the backing. Some experimentation needed first - it might be better to do the twin needling on all three layers.

I don't think I will get much done tomorrow either. The Embroiderers' Guild is having a book sale. Personally, I need more books like a hole in the head, but there is always the possibility of picking up something that would be good for Designing Women's library. Plus I need to go to the Art Awards - I forgot the opening was last night. And the Save the Children book sale is also on at the University of WA - maybe we could fit that in on Tuesday if I don't have to spend all day at the hospital. I have already put Tuesday aside as a lost day and it would be a bonus to go book hunting.

I am planning on finishing the quilt by next weekend. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: