Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Slogging away

I had a disaster this morning. I set up one of the pieces for embroidery, pressed Start and much to my horror found the machine was stitching out one of the designs I had decided was too dense. Though I stopped it quickly, it proved very difficult to unpick and I ended up with a hole.

So out with the BJS, soak some silk, delete the designs from the memory stick and replace them with the revised versions, iron the silk on to freezer paper and print the backgrounds again, ready for embroidering. This time all went well. The embroidered bits look good, and I have started the twin needling on the foundation.

However, I have also had thoughts about another quilt - in fact I woke up this morning with its design clear in my mind. I have been battling all day to keep it from occupying all my attention. I can enter two quilts, so it's not a question of which one. I am determined to finish this one, then the other can take centre stage.

No comments: